Monday, September 29, 2014

Yes I Remember All Your Names

First day of work at the French board for the school year. Only recess and preschool supervision, but whatevs. Money is money (also hours).

A lot of the kids were happy to see me back. A few of them came up to hug me. And then there was a short game of 'Do you remember my/his/her/their name?' and I only missed one by a bit. BUT I GOT IT IN THE END!!! They find it funny that I still remember all their names after long breaks where I don't see them. I have very little problem with names in the French school, gotta know who it is I'm shouting after.

Seriously, y'ever try to reprimand a child whose name you don't know? Doesn't work very well. Turns out a lot of them won't answer to 'hey you'. Some days in the English school I come close to naming them after whatever they happen to be wearing at the time. 

Although there's a new preschool class in the French school this year, so there's a few more names I need to learn. I got a few today. We'll see how much I'll retain for next time. Ha ha. At least their chairs are all labelled so I know who they are when they're sitting down.

Also a new thing is that some of the older kids are able to use the soccer field during recess.

Anyway it was nice to see all the kids again. I have no idea why some of them even like me, but they do. They're all getting older now, it's a lot like watching younger brothers and sisters grow up (although some of them are actually my cousins). The kids I first met in my senior year of high school are in grade 5 now. Man, how time flies.

No comments: