Friday, February 27, 2015

I managed a thing today

So I had an idea for working with some of the kids at the school who I've always had problems with getting them to do tasks. I tried it today, and it worked! HAHA! Go me!!

Not entirely sure if it'll end up working in the long run, we didn't have much time today for me to try it out much. We went through one cycle and then field trip happened. But it did work the one time so I'm cautiously optimistic. We'll see how it goes moving forward. Fingers crossed.

So yes, field trip. To the local skating rink. Which I wasn't told for sure that I was going until I actually got to the school this morning. Oi.

Anyway I don't think I've actually owned a pair of skates in years, and I couldn't really lace them up even if I did, so I didn't go out on the ice. But I was there in the arena freezing my feet off because I didn't think to bring my boots because I am a moron. But there you go. Also I should have brought a hat, but I haven't been to the arena in years and forgot how cold it is in there. I are dumb, clearly.

Also we went in on the bus and I did not get sick. Even the nausea went away after a while since I distracted myself with Rainbow Loom. Apparently the toys I brought in for aforementioned idea have other purposes. Handy to know. Not sure if that'll ever come up again, but there you go.

I spontaneously socialized a lot today too. Not sure where that came from. Riding the high of a successful plan I suppose. Though I'm sure I'll be anxious over that soon enough. The fun never ends around here.

Also I watched The Theory of Everything and Big Hero 6 yesterday and they are great movies and OMG REDMAYNE!HAWKING IS ADORABLE AND OMFG BAYMAX THOUGH!!!!!!!!

So yeah, I recommend those two movies. And I'm still very much anticipating The Imitation Game. Also Mockingjay Part 1, Selma, and Penguins of Madagascar, because I am clearly nuts.

No comments: