Thursday, March 3, 2016

too fucking early for this shit

One of those mornings where I probably would've been better off staying at home.

But I have work... soooo...

So the weather was a bit shit this morning when I woke up (at 6:30 because fuck me) but it hadn't been the worst weather I've driven in. So I left for work around 8 and it turns out that the roads are covered in snow. Been there, done that. It's not a new thing, still not the worst thing I've driven in.

Anyway, long story short, I ended up going over the curb and on the sidewalk at some point. I'm pretty sure I didn't hit the bench that was there, I didn't feel anything. At that point I should've just given the day up as a loss and went back home, I was like two minutes away from my house. But my first reaction to most situations is to go home, so I've learned to not trust it. I was fine, the car seemed fine, no one was running in to help. So I backed up onto the road and continued on my way.

I made it about 15 mins or so until I came across some guy with his car pretty much in the ditch (he's fine), and when I stopped to see if he needed help I discovered my car making a weird noise (or weird feeling, I still can't really describe it with words) as I tried to stop.

So there then followed me worrying that I'd fucked up my car when I went up on the curb and then I called my mom, who had to call my great-aunt to get a number for a mechanic she knows to come take a look at my car to see if it was safe to drive to work (which is in the arse-crack of nowhere, I may have actually mentioned it in a previous post, most likely from 2011). So the mechanic, who turned out to be my best friend's uncle (small world) came out, drove my car, told me it was supposed to be making that noise/feel/whatever, and so I was free to go.

So I went. I ended up being an hour late to work and having some sort of episode or whatever when I got there. But I'm fine now, so, all's well that ends well? I guess?

(Also I won 10$ off a scratch ticket while I was waiting for the mechanic to show up at a gas station, so go me.)

(And when the clerk ID'ed me for it I thought I was never gonna get my licence back because I look way younger than I actually am, apparently. Pretty sure she wasn't entirely convinced that it was real even if she sold me the ticket.) 

No comments: