Monday, October 25, 2010

Dinnernet

Because I can't pronounce my words... yeah.

So, new news. I managed to find the first two seasons of Digimon with Japanese audio and English subtitles for download. This is great news! Digimon is a series I've loved since childhood, but it hasn't aged well. I keep saying that my biggest problem with the series is that the dialogue sucks. It's corny, full of puns, and obviously made for very young children. It hurts to listen to. In my opinion, the Japanese dialogue is far superior (I realized this after I discovered fansubs to the three first movies and compared them to the American release).

In other news, I have to do a project for school. It's a totally self-directed affair and the project can be anything I want on the topic of my choice. I wanted to do something with the With the Light series (since they cover autism and I'm in that kind of field). I got the go ahead this morning so I'm starting on that now. First thing I'm doing is scanning the entire series (not only for the project, but to have a digital copy of it). After I finish that I can gather information and pick out the images I want to include in my project. Should be interesting.

Last bit, I just got the first Chobits omnibus edition in the mail that covers the first four volumes. And oh my God, it's even thicker than my With the Lights, which were the biggest volumes I own. This thing's a monster! And it's shorter than the others so it's a weird shape. It's nice to look at though, and it's got coloured pages inside so it's got that going for it.

No comments: