Sunday, June 26, 2011

Paranoid and Playing Tennis

Or: Why I shouldn't be playing tennis in the evening in the fog.

Just got back from playing tennis with my brothers and their friend Matthew.

Had an awesome time.

I haven't played tennis in a while... forgot how fun it was. Anyway, bottom line is, I still suck at it. But that's okay, because so do my brothers.

Tennis is like the only sport I actually play because it's probably one of the only sports where I actually get to do anything (I suck at sports).

So the tennis court closest to where I live is set on the very edge of town and is pretty much surrounded by woods, an old abandonned playground, and some empty fields and buildings. So it's a pretty creepy place in the fog when it's starting to get dark, which I didn't remember until it started to get dark.

Seriously, at one point I looked around and went: "this is a scene for a horror movie."

And then a car, or a dirtbike or something to that effect, went by somewhere on the other side of the trees and it sounded like a growling noise, so then I started looking around waiting for bears or coyotes to come out of the fog.

Next time I'm playing tennis there it's going to be during the day, with sun and no fog (and probably a shit ton of mosquitos... but that's what bugspray is for).

But, yeah, I had fun.

No comments: