Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunny Days... at 2am

I had to babysit from around 10:30 at nigth 'til almost 3:00 in the morning last night... this morning... whatever.

The kids I was babysitting (two cousins and some other girl) were all pretty young so the only television in the room was turned to Treehouse TV the whole time.

I could almost feel my braincells dying... I'm really starting to hate children's programming. I hate modern children's programming anyway, I've seen some of the shows that were on when I was growing up and most of them are still pretty decent. (And will someone please call CPS for Max and Ruby please? Where the fuck are their parents at anyway?!)

I know that I've long outgrown the age range for these programs, but I think they're just really bad, so it can't just be that.

Sesame Street was on at 2:00am (why?? they have an awesome show like that in their line-up and they only put it on at two in the morning?! I had to sit through some awful programs and then finally there's Sesame Street and it's on at two in the morning! I am pissed.) and it was fucking awesome. I laughed like a fucking maniac almost the whole time, it was hilarious. Major nostalgia moment, and it was a new episode too so it wasn't like I only liked it because I remembered seeing it when I was young.

Why can't more children's shows be like that? And why are most kids' shows done up in 3D CGI whatever? Did small children suddenly lose the ability to see in 2D? It seems like everything I see aimed at kids is 3D CGI these days. And shows that were originally in 2D (Mickey Mouse, Franklin, Winnie-the-Pooh, etc) are now CGI... and sucky (well, okay, Franklin isn't that bad now, it's pretty much the same as when I was growing up... but Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse makes me want to hurt things).

But seriously, we need more Sesame Street. They should run different episodes five times a day with reruns from the 70s, 80s, and 90s mixed in with the new episodes.

No comments: