Friday, September 26, 2014

Well This Certainly Isn't Nostalgic

Luckily morning bus duty went much better today than it did the other day. I actually went on the bus this time, so there's that. I'd still rather not make a regular habit of it, but what can you do right? A job is a job.

Also today (again at the English Board) lockdown practice. Dear holy fuck I will never get used to this idea. We actually had to hide in the storage room in the gym.

This is fucking terrifying. I never had to do lockdown drills while I was in school. Never. I think my school started doing them the year after I graduated (the 2009-2010 school year). I've had maybe one drill at the French school where we ducked in the classroom. But this is the first time I've had to hide in a gym storage room for anything.

Is this what the world has come to these days? I know that America has way too many school shootings (like waaaaaaaay too many, far too many, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE), but Canada generally doesn't have many. 

I never thought I'd have to worry about that kind of thing around here. Not that I'm really sure we'd ever have a school shooting around here for real (and if we ever do I'm moving to Mars because that would be the last fucking straw).

No comments: