Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Takanaga Hinako, among other things

Two new manga in the mail (which I got last week) are Mail 1 and Liberty Liberty.

I love the Mail manga for reasons I have yet to figure out. It entertains me to no end. The whole series is only three volumes long and I already read it online a few times so I just decided to finally buy it. As usual, chapter 2 creeped me right the fuck out. A good read.

Liberty Liberty is a standalone yaoi written by Takanaga Hinako. It is clean, and funny, and cute and I love it. At the moment I am on a Takanaga Hinako kick and have added a few more of her titles to my 'Buy These Manga Series' list. (I so want to buy The Tyrant Falls In Love but it's just so graphic... but so funny...) Seriously, I read Love Round, Croquis, Challengers, Awkward Silence and The Tyrant Falls In Love over the weekend. Out of all that, the only one I didn't want was Challengers. This woman is good.

So I am now on a yaoi kick as well. Soon my manga shelf will be filled with more yaoi than shoujo. Go me. I also got interested in the Only the Ring Finger Knows series. I read the manga over the weekend and fell in love with it. It just struck me as more realistic than most. I have the novel on the way in the mail now, but I don't know how much different it'll be than the manga (aside from the format obviously). The extra chapter at the end made me smile, muchly.

Also this weekend, I read Eien no With by the same artist who wrote Akkan Baby (which I love but isn't licenced in English *cry*). I love Eien no With (unlicensed *sob*). It's about a girl who trains a seeing eye dog for a year then has to give him up, then they're reunited after 10 years, then she and the dog's former blind person become close and all that. But it was an awesome story and it made me cry.

Akkan Baby is an inappropriately funny story about two teenagers who get pregnant and proceed to be cute and funny and insane for a whole three volumes. Love the story though, made me laugh and go 'awwwwwwww' at the same time. (Someone call Viz or Tokyopop and tell them to licence these series dammit!)

No comments: