Friday, January 8, 2010

Heart Attack and Excitement!

Okay, so the other day I accidentally knocked my external hard drive off the table it was sitting on and after that it didn't work. It turned on but it wouldn't register on either of my computers. I was just about having a heart attack because I have a lot of important and irreplaceable documents on there (why didn't you back them up? I did, on the external drive, that's why I have it).

I had to go through a whole day of school not knowing the fate of my hard drive and the stuff on it. It still wasn't working when I got home so I found an email in the manual and emailed tech support. Tech support suggested that I open the external casing to see if anything was damaged in the fall. So I asked my Dad to open it (because the only thing I'm good at is destroying things) and he did.

He came back to tell me that he didn't find anything wrong inside, but to try it again anyway. So I hooked it back up to my laptop and it worked!

And I still have no idea what was wrong with it, and I am now suspicious of it.

In other news, I only had half a day at school so Mom picked me up. We went to Wal-Mart and I decided that today I was gonna buy myself a NintendoDS (I've wanted one for a while now). They had DS games on sale for 20$ and they had DS's in stock. I bought one (it's blue) and two games and I was so excited! I have a DS now!

... I need to get out more...

No comments: