Saturday, January 29, 2011

Boxes and Boxes

My mother is on this renovation kick and is in the process of ridding our house of all its carpeting. She already did the living room, spare room and downstairs hallway sometime during the summer (I think, somewhere around that time), and got the rec room the other day. She is now in the process of having the upstairs done. My brothers' room is done and the carpet in the hallway is gone, now my room is being worked on.

So we had to take everything out of my room. The walls are also being painted so I had to take everything off the walls too. My walls look so bare without all the pictures and posters on it, it bothers me muchly.

So tonight I had to cart everything out of my room. I emptied the contents of my closet into a few milk crates and my brothers moved those to the living room. Then I cleaned off everything from the tops of the bureaus. Everything's piled in the living room (along with my bed). I have a lot of stuff. My two bureaus and my bookcase were also moved out into the upstairs bathroom and my parents' bedroom.

Actually when I woke up this morning my brothers' bureau and a bunch of pillows in the bathroom almost right in front of the toilet. That was kind of awkward. The bathtub is now inaccessible.

We had to empty out my bookcase before we moved it too and we didn't have any more boxes to put the books in, so we had to pile them up on one of the shelves in the hall closet. The shelf is now sagging in the middle under all the weight. It's actually quite funny. I have a lot of books.

My room looks really weird without the carpet and doors. There's an echo in it now too. Twice my brothers have shown up with weird stuff they found under the carpet or behind the baseboards. So far they've found a piece of a children's puzzle and a little cardboard Barbie picture.

Now I just have to pick out a colour to paint the room. According to my dad we're painting the whole room one colour and the ceiling's gonna be white. I don't get a choice in the matter, all I get to choose is the colour (which is gonna be some shade of blue).

No comments: