Saturday, January 1, 2011

Noise Makers Ahoy!

My first post of 2011, at 3:30am... you know, because.

We just got a new computer tower for our desktop computer, so we now have Windows 7 in the house. Should be interesting to see what goes on there. Oh! And we can get the wallpaper on it to change pictures every 30 seconds! Me and my brothers were very entertained by that. Our father was considerably less impressed, mostly because we were wasting time with that instead of setting up his email on Outlook. But that's what he gets for making me do it instead of learning how to do it himself.

While we had the other tower unhooked, I brought our old Windows 98 computer (the 98 Brick) up from the basement so that I could get some stuff off of it and be done with it for good. I finally did manage to get my flash drives to work on it (after about an hour of trying to figure out how... God bless Google). I got a bunch of pictures and old files and 3 or so gigs of music and stand up comedy.

I count that as my final major accomplishment of 2010, since I've been trying for years to get things off that computer. I'm quite proud of myself actually.

So it's 2011 now. Wow. I'll be finished college this year, and hopefully I'll be able to get a full-time job this year too.

Another thing to look forward to is the release of the final volume of With the Light (yes, I'm still on that). I'm hoping for closure with this series. I want a more concrete ending this time around. I mentioned this when I did my autism/WTL project for my class and my teacher asked me why I didn't just imagine an ending on my own. I told him that I did, and it was that Hikaru grew up to be a happy, cheerful working adult and that he was still surrounded by his family and friends (except Masato's mother, unless she changes her tune). But it's one thing to imagine something in your head, and quite another to actually see it. Even though Hikaru is a fictional character, I really want to see a happy ending for him with my own eyes.

Also, I finally discovered the name of that fat kid with glasses, I'm pretty sure it's Gozaru-kun. I somehow missed it the first dozen times I'd read the series, but I got it now. Now I know his name, but I'll probably always call him 'the fat kid with glasses'... even though I think he only actually has glasses near the end of the series.

No comments: