Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ultrasound Adventures

I really hate ultrasounds.

Well, the ultrasounds themselves aren't so bad I suppose. You just lay there on a table/bed/thing while the technician moves a wand around on your belly, not that bad really. The gel isn't even cold (not the one I used, anyway). Really, it was better than the MRI where I had to lay still in a giant tube thing for however long, doing nothing with an IV line in my arm (which was very uncomfortable).

So the ultrasound procedure itself isn't much to write home about.

Waiting around with a full bladder and not being allowed to use the bathroom is what I have a problem with. Fucking hate that.

Today's was the second ultrasound I ever had (my first one was two years ago), and to be fair it did go a bit better than the first one. I didn't cry this time, so that's something. Although I did whine a bit.

I hate the part where I have to have a full bladder. I was waiting at the hospital for about an hour, and the procedure itself couldn't have lasted longer than 10 or 15 minutes, but that's a long fucking time when you really need to pee.

I was nearly in pain near the end.

Luckily, my technician was nice and didn't poke fun at me for being insanely uncomfortable (unlike my mother. Thanks, Ma.).

So yeah, fucking hate ultrasounds.

No comments: