Monday, December 21, 2015

Greetings, Also It's Fucking Freezing Balls Up Here

SO I'M IN ALBERTA! YEAH! 

Spending Christmas on the other side of the country, woo. There may have been a minor breakdown at one point, but other than that things are pretty fine.

We flew out on Friday (the plane was actually the most relaxing part of the trip, go figure) and we landed at arse o'clock in the morning (it's three hours behind up here, so however late we landed here it was even later, fuck everything). Also it is fucking freezing up here, like minus double digits freezing. Much colder than it was back home. Fuck winter, seriously. My lips chapped pretty much the instant we landed and have been cracked and bleedy ever since. I thought to bring hand cream, but not chapstick, because fuck my life.

Also we're staying at my aunt and uncle's house, which HELLO ANXIETY!! So I haven't really been sleeping all that well, so I'm gonna have to re-start the sleep training when I get home so I am better able to function. Actually my ability to function and people like a normal human being as been a bit hit and miss in the past few days. Finally getting some use out of that necklace I got from Space Robot Studios, so there's something. Not that anyone's paying attention or anything, but whatever.

My two cousins here are 8 and 11, and they are very social. Fuck me, basically.

So it's pretty fun seeing the area for the first time. And seeing where one of my brothers live. Also it's pretty entertaining being so close to malls and stores and restaurants and things. I've already blown mucho $$ since I've been here (also I bought some books, which I told myself I wasn't gonna, because plane, but OH WELL FUCK IT MORE BOOKS FOR ME) (also I got a manga version of Les Mis which is hilarious and there was no way I was passing that up). Also the Spencer's and HMV up here is expensive but I STILL WANNA BUY EVERYTHING BECAUSE SO MUCH NERD SWAG OMG. Two pairs of pyjama pants later... also hats... and socks... so far... SO MUCH NERD SWAG.

Also my brother's new puppy, who is adorable and also a little shit. But puppy, so whatevs.

So this will be my first Christmas away from home, also first Christmas without Nanny (we'll see how long it'll be before someone brings that up on Christmas Eve/Day). That will be a change.

Anyway, it's the third day here and already I'm ready to go back home... what even is my life?

No comments: