Friday, November 6, 2009

Determin'd

Hokay, I am officially attempting to build up a manga collection. I have no idea why I'm only starting it now, but whatever.

So far, I only have a few titles (A Perfect Day for Love Letters, Absolute Boyfriend, Fruits Basket, Godchild, Hana Kimi, InuYasha, Kingdom Hearts 2, Pokémon Adventure, Wallflower and Your & My Secret). I have a list of the manga series I want for my collection. I'm off to a good start.

Of course, there're some problems.



First off, I'm broke. I have no job and the money I have saved up is to pay for my college fees. But, by saving up my lunch money change I can find a way around that.

Second problem is that there is almost no way for me to actually get manga. The closest bookstore just closed down for good, not that they had an extensive selection (they probably had about 4 or 5 titles, I only recognized one). The closest used bookstore doesn't have any manga in stock, and the closest bookstore I can get to now is an hour and a half car ride away. And if I want to get lesser known titles I have to drive THREE hours away.

Grah!

Of course, there's the option of ordering online, but my mother doesn't like that and I can't just keep on bugging my aunt to order stuff for me.

Sometimes I hate living in the middle of nowhere on the media map.

No comments: