Monday, November 7, 2011

Lord of the Flies

The office where I work now is normally full of flies.

Huge, black/blue houseflies that keep bouncing off the window and skylight and make loud buzzing noises. They don't really bother me or my cousin (who I share the office with), as long as they stay on the window and don't dive-bomb my head, I'm fine.

Today, though, there were a lot of flies on the window, like 30 or so. So my cousin asked the janitor if she could spray them with something that would kill them. So the janitor comes back with some Raid and sprays the window.

And don't the flies go fucking nuts?

They started bouncing off the window and flying around the room and buzzing louder than ever. A few of them even started dive-bombing us and our desk. It was crazy.

And they were some fucking loud too, which is never good for my nerves. I was jumpy the whole time, I probably scared my cousin a bit.

The funniest part of the whole thing though, aside from having the floor littered with dead flies (I have no idea why I found that funny), was that when the flies would eventually hit the floor they'd try to get back up but they'd only end up spinning in circles 'cause only one side of their wings would be working. Funniest thing ever.

We got so many flies out of the office.

... of course, they'll probably all be replaced by tomorrow.

No comments: