Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Greetings From the New Hardware

Just got my new HP Pavilion laptop today.

ALL THE EXCITE!!!

I'm liking most of it so far. The size is brilliant. It's pretty small, which is what I was looking for. Perfect for carrying around and a lot more portable than my Toshiba.

Good stuff.

Windows 8 is a bit of a learning curve so far. The start screen with the apps is starting to get a bit annoying because I can't really find anything I'm looking for.

At the moment I'm searching for the antivirus program. It's going about as well as you'd expect.

Also the new Microsoft Office edition costs 100$ a year to use. No. Not happening, thank you very much. I'm trying to find a download of an older version. I still have the disc for Microsoft Office Student somewhere in my house, though I have no idea where. Not that it would be too useful right now since the HP doesn't have a disc drive. Oh well, I'll think of something.

Also probably have to get a malware program before long.

But seriously, first I have to get Word. I don't think this laptop has a writing program at all. I must rectify that since that's what I bought the laptop for in the first place (typing on the go).

I did find a paint program though. And it's pretty awesome. Textures and things, yo.

No comments: