Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oh, Neville

Watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in theatres on Sunday... it was fucking awesome!

But I'm not here to talk about the movie (yet), I'm here to talk about Neville Longbottom, The Boy Who Was Almost Harry Potter.

Yeah, I don't remember if this was explained in the movies, but in the book it said that the prophecy about Harry could have also been referring to Neville since he was also born at the end of July. But moving on.

When I watched the movie I was amazed by Neville. It's all in the books but it's a bit more obvious in the movies that Neville really grew up (probably because I saw his actor grow up as well).

Neville really did a lot of daring things in this movie. He stood up to evil teachers (and was beaten up for it), he practically leads a student resistance, he uses himself as live bait in an explosion trap, and the sword of Godric Griffindor appeared to him to help him kill Voldemort's snake. Speaking of Voldemort, Neville even stood up to him!

Neville's really grown since the first time he appeared. While I was watching the movie I could hardly believe that this was the same chubby little boy who was practically kidnapped by his broom and ended up breaking his wrist by falling from high on the castle.

I could hardly believe it... I wanna watch the first movie again now.

No comments: