Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Recommend This

I just finished watching the live-action drama for the manga IS. The drama is 10 episodes long and the full title is IS Otoko Demo Onna Demo Nai Sei (or IS Not Male Not Female Life).

First off, I liked it. I thought it was great. It's not as good as the manga, of course (book to movie type adaptations rarely are), and it probably only covers a few volumes, but what it did cover it covered it well.

The manga goes from the main character Haru's birth until sometime in the furture that I don't know because I've only read up to volume 11 in the 17 volume series. The drama mainly takes place during Haru's first year of high school, with some flashbacks thrown in for the first episode.

The drama did well with the material it used, and also fleshed out a few characters that I don't remember being fleshed out in the manga. It also made me like some characters that I disliked in the manga.

Also, we could've totally used more Leon. He was awesome, and most definitely the funniest one there.

I recommend this drama. If you are a fan of the manga be sure to check it out. Even if you've never read the manga be sure to check it out.

No comments: