Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bloody Computer

My laptop works fine, by the way.

It's three years old and despite everything I've put it through, it runs fairly well (as far as I've been able to tell). It burns so hot when it runs several programs that I'm worried it'll burst into flames sometimes, but I imagine that that's normal (my normal anyway).

Yep, runs fine.

Except now the stupid hinge is fucking broken.

I went to close the thing last night and I heard a very ominous cracking sound, and then I noticed that it had closed lopsided.

Well fuck.

So yeah, the hinge is cracked. Absolutely no idea how that happened. Though I imagine it probably just gave up after so much use (three-year-old laptop, remember). I called a computer repair place and was told to bring it in and that I would most likely need a new hinge.

Goody.

Doesn't help that the computer place is like an hour away from where I live and I won't be getting up there until Tuesday (which is when The Avengers is coming out on DVD, two birds with one stone there).

Whatever, I suppose, as long as it still runs.

It's also doing this, and I don't know what's up with that, must be something sticking out somewhere.

No comments: