Sunday, April 3, 2011

Way, hey, hey

I officially hate funerals.

Nathan's was the second funeral I've ever attended and I'm pretty sure I'm done with them for good. There's gotta be a better way to mourn someones loss/celebrate someones life. Something that isn't as depressing.

The eulogy was nice, though.

Also, the reflection song was Ordinary Day by Great Big Sea, which is an unusual choice, but it makes sense in this case. To me anyway. I heard Jordan talking a lot in high school about how he loved Great Big Sea and I figured Nathan liked them as well. A nice song for a send off, I think.

I cried during the funeral. And I also managed to be a total antisocial asshole and not talk to either Jordan or his family (or anyone really). I really didn't know how to go about doing that or even what to say.

Oh well, it was a huge turn-out, so Nathan's family had more than enough support to help them through all this.

No comments: