Sunday, November 20, 2011

What is this I don't even

So, Marzgurl is picking apart the Twilight books on her blog, and I'm reading, and they're awesome and hilarious.

But anyway, there are quotes included with Marzgurl's commentary, and they're quite... disturbing... very.

For a few years now I've been hearing about how Edward is, like, totally hot and sexy and the perfect boyfriend and blah blah blah. I've seen it written on the Internet and I've heard it in conversations around school and home. I've even heard it said during fucking book reports... in late high school from people who should have been able to come up with better reasons for really liking a book... much better reasons.

All that is to say that I'm reading these quotes, most of which contain Edward, and I can't see anything that would make people refer to him as the perfect anything. He's actually coming across as very creepy here (and it didn't even get to the part where he breaks into Bella's room to watch her sleep, which is wrong on so many levels).

I'm getting the vibe that Edward is someone that girls should stay away from, not someone that girls should flock to and practically worship (ohh, those book reports *facedesk*)

When people say that Edward and Bella's relationship comes off as abusing, it's a pretty accurate description. The two haven't even started going out yet and already Edward's being controlling and shifty and scary.

It bothers me more than a little bit that so many women put Edward up on a pedestal.

And I'd say to stick with Jacob... but he does turn into a pedophile in the fourth book soooo... yeah.

Why do people like this series again?

No comments: