Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Just the little things

Did today and yesterday at school, some observations:

  • WEE LITTLE RED CONVERSE HIGH TOPS! CUTEST FUCKING THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN! (seriously, when I have kids I'm getting them tiny little converse high tops)
  • Buttons on jean jackets are evil. Fuck them. On that note, I am not at all looking forward to ski-pants season.
  • Most of the children will put their jacket on to go outside when I tell them; the rest of them just don't feel the cold.
  • Fire drills in cold weather were never fun when I was a kid. They're even less so now.
  • If you tell children not to touch the thing, they will touch the thing. Doesn't matter how many times you repeat yourself.
  • Some children apparently have no fear; that's all covered by the playground supervisors, who are holding their breath every time one of the kids dangles precariously on top of the monkey bars.
  • Kids give no fucks about playing in the puddles of water until someone splashes them and their clothes get wet.
  • There is no point in buying expensive fancy-ass clothes when you work closely with young children. So far I've not stained anything. But the year's only just started.
  • Assigned seating/positions are serious business.

No comments: