Friday, September 6, 2013

Summer's Over

September's only just started and it's already gotten colder.

Oh goody.

The school year started yesterday, and I still have not got a job with either board in my area. No full-time positions open for me to apply for. Oh well, maybe next year.

Though honestly, sometimes I get the urge to go back to college for a different course like some of the people in my class did. If I could make sure that I'd never have to write another essay again in my life I'd be all over it. But whatever.

Actually ever since I graduated college I've been able to get some substitute work in the local schools, so that works out all right. And then I get seasonal work at the lobster plant.

I still get summers off, technically, so that's great. Had a fun time this summer too, with fireworks and a parade. Good times.

So, like I said, the new school year started yesterday. And I already got substitute work! I got three calls yesterday from two different schools and have been booked for five days already! And I didn't even have to go in and let them know that I'm still available for on-call work.

Brilliant!

No comments: