Saturday, February 8, 2014

Continuing Saga of the New Laptop

Upon further inspection of the Samsung 11" laptop I found on the Future Shop site, I found that it's not actually a laptop. It's something called a Chromebook (first I'm hearing about it). Apparently it's a computer that just runs an OS that is basically Google Chrome, or something. I'm not entirely sure.

I mainly use Chrome as a web browser now, and it's good and I like it, but I don't want that as an OS. Windows please.

So that option's off the table.

Some Google searching about buying laptops (which is technically the first time I'm ever doing it because my current laptop was a graduation gift from my parents and it's my dad that picked it out with help from my extremely tech-savvy godfather) led me to the discovery of the Microsoft Store.

Something tells me I should've known about it before now but whatever, I'm an idiot. What can you do, right?

Anyway I found an HP Panasonic 10.1" that fits the criteria of what I'm looking for (basically a tiny laptop that will be mainly used for Microsoft Office and Tumblr and things of that nature). It's a touch screen laptop and comes with Windows 8, which I really don't particularly want, but it seems to be the only thing available nowadays.

Not to mention that it was the cheapest one I could find.

So I found the HP on the Best Buy Canada website and someone in the reviews mentioned that they had found it cheaper at the Microsoft Store, so I headed over there to check it out. I found it there for about 30 to 40$ cheaper. 

Sold.

Ordered it.

Now I'm just waiting for the order to be processed and I'm hoping to get the laptop in sometime in the coming week (hopefully before Friday).

Very excited for this. It's been years since I had a new computer to break in. (The family desktop we recently got doesn't really count since it unofficially belongs to my brothers and they've done a very good job of 'breaking' it so far.)

Fun times.

No comments: