Friday, February 7, 2014

Expensive shit

So I have to pay for some repairs done on my car. 350$ for replacing a piece that fell off the bottom.

Thank god for free healthcare (doctor's appointment today I don't have to pay for, woo).

Continuing on with the theme of expensive things (although this thing isn't at all necessary, just a pure want), I'm looking to buy a netbook or some other type of small laptop. 

My current laptop is 17", and I'm very happy with it (and hopefully I won't have to replace it for quite a while yet, touch wood), but it is really big and bulky and may set my thighs on fire if I sit it on my lap without the fan attached to the bottom (which doesn't help at all with the bulk of the thing). I really want a smaller computer I can carry around the house to type things anywhere. Right now I'm taking my iPod Touch around, but I can't type on that (not well anyway). 

I just need/want a smaller laptop that I can type on and probably check tumblr and Outlook at the same time. I probably won't be using it as often as I do my Toshiba, but I'll have it. Might put me off buying more paper and pens to write with anyway (haha probably not though, orz).

Anyway, I was looking on the Future Shop website and came across a Samsung 11" (or thereabouts) that isn't too expensive (under 300$). If I can't find one that is cheaper and isn't an Acer before Friday, I'll probably go with the Samsung.

And then paying for that, and then the 350$ for the car repairs, I will sit with my new laptop and write a blog post about poor adult decisions and who even lets me take charge of these things anyway? Seriously, the only real difference between me now and me as a child is that now my parents don't tell me what I can and can't do with my money. (All the character band-aids, man, all of them.)

No comments: